Sunday, March 22, 2009

Report on Entrepreneurial Activity
On the occasion of entrepreneurial activity I liked to sell crispy chips and fried ground nuts as everyone had chosen different items. I bought these items from market and packed in the home and brought to the BVB canteen today morning about 9 O’ clock and started selling. The pace of the selling was slow in the beginning but later went up well. I succeeded in selling all the ground nut packets but failed to sell all the chips packets however I managed to sell half of them. I closed the stall by 6 O’ clock and came back and thought that where to sell the rest of the chips packets and I got an idea to ask shop keepers. I asked two shop keepers to purchase them but they denied then I went to another shop, he took them all. Likewise I put my effort to sell all the items by the evening and finally got profit.
The details are as follows
1. Profit: Rs 72/-
2. Money invested and money returned: Rs 395/- and Rs 467/- respectively
3. Strategies used:
Motivated the customers through smooth words
4. Challenges:
More than half of the chips packets were didn’t sell hence I struggled to sell the chips outside
5. Lessons learnt:
How to compete with other sellers and maintain the loss
6. Next time if were to do the same marketing job what would you like to change:
I would like to change the item and think for another which will have demand
7. Any things else you want to add:
At the end 25 chips packets remained with me and I thought this would be burden and loss to me so I decided to sell somewhere else and sold in a shop and managed to get profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment